(StatePoint) When the kids are home for the summer and begging to play outside and the sun is too perfect not to be enjoyed, who wants to spend all their time in the kitchen?
Whether you’re feeding hungry guests or preparing simple meals for the family, quick and easy no-bake desserts are key essentials for barbecues, picnics and any dining you do this summer.
You can easily make this patriotic-themed recipe for “Oh Say Can You See Skewers” a part of your al fresco spread:
• 1 family pack of Tastykake Mini Koffee Kake Cupcakes
• 1 carton of strawberries
• 1 carton of blueberries
• Layer bite-sized pieces of Tastykake’s Mini Koffee Kake Cupcakes, strawberries and blueberries on a skewer to resemble an American flag.
Or, try this recipe for “Patriotic Pops,” another fast, fun treat that makes entertaining easy and fun.
• 1 pack of Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes
• Candy melts (red, white and blue)
• Popsicle sticks
• Place the popsicle stick in one end of the Tastykake Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.
• Melt candy melts in a bowl.
• Dunk the Kandy Kake into the candy melt, lay on parchment paper and put in the refrigerator to cool
• Pour remaining candy melts (melted) into a ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in the bottom of the bag.
• Use the bag of icing to draw on stripes or stars onto the cooled cake pop. Add sprinkles.
• Place back into the refrigerator to cool.
For more easy budget-friendly recipes incorporating snack cakes, pies, cookies and donuts, visit tastykake.com/recipes.
When it comes to delightful desserts, think simple in order to make your summer a sweet success. Easy recipes and entertaining ideas will give you more time to spend with family and friends.